Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Materials and Process Engineer (665245)-GHOST in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Engineer – Materials and Process
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement materials and processes (M&P;) plans for tactical hardware, including leading efforts to qualify new materials and processes for flight usage.
- Work as a team member in the design of flight hardware and ground-support equipment, testing and selecting materials and processes to ensure program performance and structural requirements are met.
- Review engineering drawings and provide feedback to designers on materials selection, producibility, and process specifications.
- Represent Ball Aerospace and customer organizations (e.g. project, systems engineering, mission assurance, production, integration and test, supply chain, etc.) in the implementation of M&P; program requirements.
- Direct flow down program M&P; requirements to subcontractors and vendors and verify that those requirements are met.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 8 years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree in a related field, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Hands-on experience working in a team environment with aerospace hardware.
- Project management experience working with estimating and developing cost and schedule estimates for new and existing program support.
- Design, plan and facilitate the fabrication of aerospace hardware utilizing internal facilities and external suppliers.
- Experience in material selection and qualification of metals, polymers, adhesives, composites, including a working knowledge of aerospace and industry material specifications.
- Broad knowledge in process development and implementation for metal finish, bonding, coatings, plating, including a working knowledge of aerospace and industry process specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Materials and Process Engineer (665245)-GHOST
Job ID: 665245
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time