Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Advanced Systems Manager II (665105) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Advanced Systems Manager II
Capture Lead – Survivability And Strike Systems
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing Survivability And Strike antenna related programs within the Tactical Systems (TS) business unit, and transitioning them into successful development programs.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in Survivability And Strike systems within the airborne market.
- Assess market potential for existing markets and develop investment plans to penetrate new or lateral markets with emphasis on advanced antenna pursuits.
- Responsible for developing IRAD strategy to develop and mature cutting edge technologies that provide a tactical edge to our warfighters.
- Aid in development, resourcing, and implementation of five and ten year strategic plans for Survivability And Strike systems.
- Establish strong working relationships with key government and industry customers including AFRL, ONR, NRL, CERDEC and DARPA.
- Work with our prime and government customers to translate technical antenna and electronics performance into recommended Concepts of Employment to provide the maximum tactical advantage to our warfighters.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with Ball financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Develop proposal strategy, including technical presentations, win themes, key points, and pricing. Coordinate all proposal activities, prepare various inputs, and oversee final proposal preparation and delivery.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Strike Systems sector, the Survivability and Strike mission area, Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- A BS degree in a related field, plus 10 or more years of related experience in defense or related industry. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current Secret security clearance is required. A Top Secret clearance with current SSBI is strongly preferred.
- Strong program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments. Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of the tactical employment and operational level strategies behind emerging technologies is strongly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the system level integration and ground and flight test processes is preferred.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program environments for government or industry is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of relevant government acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals including strong technical writing skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Advanced Systems Manager II (665105)
Job ID: 665105
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time