HSS Inc Field Service Technician I, Vail, CO in Vail, Colorado
The goal of the Field Service Technician I position is to provide excellent customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position completes repairs, service work, and preventive maintenance on customer's medical equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. The Field Service Technician I works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs service work and preventive maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by customers.
- Repairs equipment as needed including: failure assessment, parts orders, delivery back to customers, and keeping customers informed of status.
- Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with customers to ensure medical equipment and technology is working within specifications.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work related activities.
- Performs scheduled inspections.
- Provides customer support of non-PM and non-repair issues such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, and research issues.
- Provides all other support as requested by manager.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology.
- Actively works to gain more knowledge and experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent military training in associated field preferred
- 0-2 years of hands on experience performing medical equipment repair and maintenance
- Fundamental experience with general medical devices, test equipment, and hand tools
- Fundamental experience operating electronic and specialized test equipment; troubleshooting equipment faults; and performing quality assurance testing on a variety of medical equipment
- Fundamental knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA preferred.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with general supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
- Ability to perform general arithmetic
- Ability to perform duties with a reasonable level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- 0-2 Certifications preferred (CBET, CLES, CRES, Network, Pressure Vessel, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to meet HSS driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed the standard 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful. Approximately 50-75% local and domestic overnight travel is required and may include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds (may request assistance). Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in customer environments. Able to drive a vehicle.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $17.44 - $21.80
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled