Lockheed Martin Electro-Optical Engineer in Louisville, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin’s Coherent Technologies group in Louisville, CO, is seeking candidates to perform the design, development, assembly and testing of laser, electro-optic, lidar/ladar, and optical remote sensing systems. The position involves multiple phases of technology development, including applied research, proof-of-concept demonstration, field testing, development, maturation, and production of advanced electro-optical systems.
Some specific responsibilities include:
• Assemble and test electro-optical systems, assemblies, and components.
• Assist in the design and development of prototype lasers and laser-based remote sensing systems.
• Analyze laboratory data and contribute sections to reports, conference presentations, and journal articles.
• Prepare parts specifications, evaluate vendor offerings, and procure parts and subassemblies.
• Take responsibility for the development and reporting on a hardware sub-assembly or program sub-task.
• Prepare contributions for technical reports and project status reports.
• Occasionally travel to customer or vendor locations in the US or overseas may be required.
• Occasionally assist in conducting field tests, including at remote sites, potentially for weeks at a time.
• Collaboratively interface with multi-disciplinary technical teams to create and mature advanced technical solutions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, internal and external customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• Knowledge and experience in electro optics (free space optics, fiber optics, optical modulators, laser resonators, photonics, laser beam formatting and control, etc.).
• Experience in the use of optics and RF electronics test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, RF spectrum analyzers, optical spectrum analyzers, power meters, beam profile diagnostics, etc.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge, with demonstrated experience in at least one form of software programming
• Strong mathematical, mechanical and problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player.
• US Citizen with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience in performing hardware design, assembly and test for complex electro-optical systems.
• Experience in the use of optical and RF electronics test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, RF spectrum analyzers, optical spectrum analyzers, cameras, detectors, power meters, beam profile diagnostics, etc.
• Knowledge of data acquisition and analysis techniques.
• Experience with LIDAR or other optical remote sensing methods.
• Expertise in the design, development and/or fielding of other electro-optic systems such as lasers, imaging systems, laser communication (lasercom) systems, directed energy (DE) weapon systems, directed infrared countermeasures (DIRCM), or photonics
• Working knowledge of the function and design of lasers, detectors, modulators, control systems, and other electro-optical subsystems.
• Working knowledge of optical systems, including principles of geometrical optics, physical optics, and/or Fourier optics.
• Working knowledge of opto-mechanical engineering principles, including optical component mounting techniques, thermal management, tolerancing, and manufacturing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.