Vaisala Inc. Cloud Platform Operations Engineer in Louisville, Colorado
Cloud Platform Operations Engineer
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,600 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
In Vaisala’s Weather and Environment business area, our forward-thinking team focuses on providing solutions to react on challenging weather or air quality conditions. We partner with our customers to help them make the most informed decisions whenever environmental insight matters.
We are searching for a Cloud Platform Operations Engineer in our Digital Solutions business area located in our Louisville, Colorado office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering and administration of applications, runtime environments, databases, and integration and deployment pipelines in a cloud-hybrid environment with a focus on operations, reliability and solutions engineering.
Your key responsibilities include
• Continuous integration & continuous deployment (CI/CD)
• Continuous monitoring
• Implementing strategies for rollbacks, auto-scaling and self-healing
• Managing container orchestration clusters
• Infrastructure/application availability, latency, performance, monitoring, and efficiency tuning
• Emergency response to issues and outages, and participation in a pager rotation cycle
Who we are looking for
• Degree in computer information systems or equivalent is preferred
• At least five years’ experience utilizing technologies identified
• Strong knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Nexus, and similar build & release tools
• Strong knowledge of agile DevOps methodologies and related tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Strong knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code systems such as Terraform
• Strong knowledge and experience with configuration management/orchestration systems such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet, and Chef
• Strong understanding of and experience with Amazon Web Services
• Understanding of common networking concepts, cloud computing best practices, open source software
• Understanding of security best practices in cloud and traditional data center environments
• Understanding of RESTful and HTTP applications, and related technologies such as API gateways and load balancers
• Understanding of Kubernetes
Application Deadline is September 7, 2018
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!
Vaisala offers a competitive benefits package including: health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, company paid life, long and short term disability, 401K plan with company match and tuition reimbursement. We also offer holiday pay and a generous paid time off plan.
Please include your salary requirements in your application.
To be considered for this position you must currently be eligible to work in the U.S. Vaisala participates in the E-Verify employment verification system. Candidates are subject to a personal work preference assessment and complete background check prior to an offer being extended.
Vaisala is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.