Lockheed Martin Thrust Vector Control Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin's outstanding team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is in the early stages of a hypersonic flight system development for Navy Strategic Programs (NSP). This program offers a wide variety of exciting career opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. Joining the Lockheed Martin team during the early design and development phase will provide you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Senior Controls Analyst you will lead a team of engineers through the development of a new Thrust Vector Control (TVC) system for the CPS Missile System.
As the technical advocate for the TVC subsystem, you will ensure the design will satisfy all mission requirements. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the development process at a supplier and provide vital technical management to ensure the delivered hardware satisfies all requirements and meets mission objectives
- Provide technical support during vehicle level integration of the TVC subsystem during ground and flight test events.
- Perform as the Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) for hardware (such as engines, actuators, electronic controllers, batteries etc.) ensuring subcontractor meets technical requirements and delivers hardware on time, position will work closely with other CPEs and subcontract program managers (SPMs)
- Identify and drive issue resolution and the development of solutions to technical problems of varying complexity while assuring sound technical content and timely closure
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
• Excellent knowledge of Thrust Vector Controls system design and performance requirements
• Experience with aerospace flight hardware design, analysis, manufacture, or test and integration
• Previous experience as a CPE or delegate with relevant thrust vector control hardware experience
• Ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance; US citizenship is required
• Master's Degree in either Mechanical/Aeronautical engineering or related technical field
• Experience with electromechanical hardware design and development
• Proficiency with MATLAB, Mathematica, Python, or related analysis software
• Working knowledge of system dynamics and control theory
• Experience using CREO, EPDM Windchill, SAP, or other design tools
• Experience leading a group or team
• Knowledgeable at a systems level in the areas of stress, propulsion, harness routing, strength of materials, subcontracts, electrical design/analysis, software, transportation, and launch operations
• Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
• Active Secret Security Clearance; US citizenship is required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.