Lockheed Martin Space IPT Lead / Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.As a Space IPT Lead and Manager in Space Protection Programs, you will lead a team responsible for defining the technical solution and overall system design for one of our country's most vital and complex Space Systems.
You will work closely with program leaders and direct your team to provide the best, integrated solution that meets overall performance, cost and schedule needs. You and your team of Systems Engineers will perform critical functions, including:
• Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
• Establishing system architecture and CONOPS
• Performing system trades and analysis
• Flowing down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces
• Supporting verification planning
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Experience in performing Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) System Trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) System architecture or CONOPS development
c.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
d.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
e.) Design reviews
• Strong team collaboration, communication and leadership skills
Active TS Security Clearance or SCI
• Experience as a technical leader; previous L-coded leadership or management experience is preferred but not required
• Experience with this Program and Customer, or another relevant Program
• Experience working in the development phase of a Space program, preferably for the US Government
• Experience applying Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering processes
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Engineering Management, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Familiarity or Proficiency with the following engineering tools: [SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, DOORS, MATLAB, Architecture Framework such as DoDAF, Model Center]
• Design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.