Lockheed Martin Software Engineer for Spacecraft Big Data and Visualization in Littleton, Colorado
Description: How would you like to help create solutions which will help NASA send humans to Mars, NOAA to predict severe weather disturbances like the 2018 hurricanes experienced in North Carolina and Florida and provide support to the U.S. Intelligence Community? Lockheed Martin Space Systems is building the spacecraft to support these missions. We need the best engineers on our team to ensure mission success.
This opening is for a Software Engineer for the Core Data Product Line in Engineering and Technology Mission Systems and Solutions. Core Data creates Telemetry Visualization and Big Data solutions for multiple programs, including Orion, GOES and Special Programs, leveraging Open Source Software.
We are looking for a developer who will be a member of a small agile group with strong Java skills and a knowledge of modern practices and open source libraries
The job responsibilities include:
• Develop developing software for real-time interaction with other hardware/software subsystems
• Testing in both software-only and hardware/software environment including execution of integration tests to validate:
o Hardware to software interfaces
o Software to software interfaces
• Analyzing the hardware, software, and system requirements and implementation
• Developing and testing code
• Establishing development and test tools
• Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software-level and system-level platforms
• Identifying and implementing required software modifications
• Participating in technical reviews/audits of software products.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Ability to execute work tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and highly dynamic environment.
• Proven knowledge of Java software development using modern practices in real-time programming constructs.
• Experience leveraging and integrating Open Source Software
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Tools experience with the following:
o RESTful Web Services
• Understanding of cross-browser implementation
• Knowledge of model view controller architecture
• Experience with Agile Development
• Experience configuring and setting up Web Containers
• Hardware/software integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.