Lockheed Martin Senior Staff Proposal Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin has been on the leading edge of space and defense innovation for over 100 years. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the nation’s biggest challenges. Be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Proposal Manager within our Campaign Strategy & Operations Proposal Operations group.
Operating in a fast-paced environment driven by partnerships, deadlines, and wins, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on business development pursuits. This role affords the opportunity to work on programs that require a Top-Secret clearance with significant impacts on our country’s national strategic interests.
This is a great opportunity to apply your expert-level skills to work as a proposal lead, volume lead, and readability reviewer, as well as serve as a mentor for staff assigned to proposals, playing a crucial role in translating themes and organizing teams to achieve award success.
We engage technical specialists and executives to deliver high-quality work products and thrive on the idea of pursuing exciting new opportunities, pulling together exceptional bids, and winning business for Lockheed Martin. You will partner with Capture Managers, Program Managers, and technical resources on new business paths to bring home the win.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• Lead proposal efforts to secure new or renewing contracts.
• Perform proposal planning, scheduling, and RFP analysis.
• Lead and conduct proposal kick-offs, meetings, and trainings.
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams, providing coaching and guidance to team members.
• Own the primary responsibility for the design, development, and delivery of compliant, compelling, customer-focused proposals.
• Ensure that value proposition/value delivery systems are identified as proposal strengths.
• Support all lines of business within LM Space.
• Support focus and priority proposals in various roles.
This role will require the flexibility to work a varying schedule with overtime as driven by proposal demands as well as limited travel.
Typically has a Bachelors degree in a related field, or equivalent experience/combined education, with at least 15 years of professional experience; or 13 years with a related Master's degree.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of our many benefits available to you :
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Interested in learning more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package? Click here.
• Proven experience leading diverse teams.
• Six or more years of proposal experience.
• Experienced leading/managing multiple proposals.
• Experienced in writing and/or editing proposal sections.
• Experienced with cost volumes.
• Experienced with evaluation notices.
• Led proposals of team size greater than 25 team members.
• Demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following roles (capture, proposal, program manager) in proposal activities.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain & maintain TS/SCI clearance.
• Demonstrated ability to serve in the role of a readability specialist
• Over seven years proposal experience in federal contracting market
• Experienced in multiple proposal types: competitive, sole source, OTA, IDIQ and follow-on
• Led proposals with value over $500M
• Led proposals of team size greater than 60 team members
• Experience in tailoring and delivery proposal-related training to proposal teams
• Experienced in managing individual volumes for a larger proposal team
• Current SCI and/or DOD TS clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.