Lockheed Martin Senior Program Manager - Digital Payload in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin's RF Payloads Center of Excellence is seeking hardworking, highly motivated Program Manager / Integrated Product Team engineers to lead the development and build of the next generation of RF Digital Payloads and Communication Systems.
You will lead the development of new digital processing systems and payload electronics programs in support of next generation RF/Digital payloads.
The individual will own the development of new flight digital payload products. Specific tasks include :
•Overall responsibility for the delivery of program objectives
•Technical and programmatic Leadership of Integrated Product Teams that include all areas of flight digital design (hardware, systems, software, mechanical, Digital signal processing, Survivability, and test)
•Establish and execute program development plans and schedule
•Establish, monitor, and execute program budgets and spend plans
•Coordination of subcontractors
•Collaborate with domain experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies
•Support proposal capture and development activities, receive and interpret RFI/RFPs to break down requirements into architectural concepts and lead IPT teams in support of proposal efforts
Typically has 12 - 14 years of experience
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Experience with leading multi-discipline teams (hardware/software) to produce advanced RF payloads and/or digital systems. Prior experience with phases of product lifecycle (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, and TRR).
• Experience with proposal development, technical and cost submissions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers
• Willingness to travel
• Experience in development and delivery of space digital processing systems and electronics
• Masters or PhD degree, with emphasis on RF or Communications Engineering.
• Experience with high profile briefings to internal executives and customers
• Significant experience with RF Payloads or Communications systems, design, development, analysis and test (minimum 10 years)
• Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.