Lockheed Martin Satellite Digital Test Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come join the RF Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Missile Defense and more. We need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Digital Payload Test Engineer with Space you would develop RF payload solutions and the RF / electronic components for Space and Missile platforms. Work with RF from the MHz range all the way up through Optical systems. Communication payloads or RF payloads are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the important needs of our commercial, civil and military customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Testing and qualification of satellite digital payload systems to include hardware, FPGA gateware, and embedded flight software functions.
*Troubleshooting complex digital satellite systems to meet test objectives
*Script writing to execute digital satellite payload command and control functions (e.g. Python).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
* Experience with RF test equipment and high speed digital interfaces.
Typically has 7-9 years of experience
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
• Prior experience with developing requirement verification tests for electronic systems
• Proficiency with test script development e.g. Python
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Prior experience with High Data Rate digital systems and interfaces (e.g. SpaceWire, MIL-STD-1553)
• Experience developing Analog/Digital interfaces
• Experience with full-life cycle of ASIC/FGPA development including Register Transfer Level (RTL) hardware descriptive languages (IE VHDL, Verilog)
• Prior satellite digital or embedded software design experience
• Prior experience developing digital and software test systems (testers)
• Satellite operations and/or command and control experience
• Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Active US DoD/IC TS//SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.