Lockheed Martin Satellite Bus Systems Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Bus Systems Manager for Military Support Program (MSP) within Special Programs (SP), you will lead a high energy, cross discipline engineering team to execute the activities required to deliver, integrate, and test many components and subsystems to the system level and perform system level analyses in support of the MSP spacecraft. The MSP program is in a recurring phase where focus on Systems Thinking and improving efficiency of processes and tools to meet the time critical mission needs of our customers are required. This role will focus on managing the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Analysis team and Subsystem RSEs. You will work for the MSP Bus Systems Senior Manager and collaborate on technical strategy to improve processes, develop executable plans, drive affordability, and lead subsystem verification/validation. You will work closely with the Bus Product Delivery, Systems Engineering, and Assembly Test and Launch Ops (ATLO) teams. You will also partner with the Major Functional Organizations (MFOs), other Lines of Business (LOBs) and Engineering and Technology (E&T) organization on joint strategies to utilize the full strength of the enterprise to retain and develop talent and ensure affordability. This role needs a strong change agent who can lead the team through change in culture and Systems Thinking mindset.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Serving as a technical manager to drive Systems Thinking across the MSP Bus organization through management of the Bus subsystem engineers and GNC analysts
• Managing and guiding the GNC Analysis team and the spacecraft subsystem Responsible Systems Engineers (RSEs) to success
• Focus on an integrated testing approach that moves testing to the lowest level of assembly, consolidates subsystem level tests, and optimizes our time on critical path
• Provide a Systems Thinking approach to efficiently address and resolve anomalies off the critical path, with all available resources
• Performing personnel management activities
• Managing program technical, schedule and cost performance, including support to component deliveries, certification of hardware, test support, data reviews, and anomaly resolution on aggressive schedules
• Facilitating collaboration across the LOB, COEs and enterprise to support new studies and Next Gen proposals, utilizing lessons learned and expertise from the MSP team to develop competitive, common solutions to win future business for Special Programs and the Enterprise
• Mentoring earlier career engineering leaders and SMEs
• Drive validity and robustness of the integrated schedule to anticipate needs of other IPTs and be prepared for all upcoming activities
• Implement digital transformation and improved tools and processes
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• BS in engineering or relevant field
• 3+ years of experience performing engineering functions
• 3+ years' experience working in satellite development technical domain
• Demonstrated leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives
• Active TS/SCI/Poly security clearance
• At least 10 years overall technical experience.
• Leadership role with demonstrated financial acumen.
• Technical background in multiple subsystems and GN&C
• Experience as a coded leader/manager and exemplified team growth
• Requirement verification/validation and product certification experience
• Experience with MSP or other government customer
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills with peers, management, subordinates, and customers
• Commitment to high ethical standards and conduct
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.