Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, Manager, Testbed & Simulation in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton, CO ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
Within these Programs, you will participate in the design, development, verification and deployment of complex new software.
The Testbed & Simulation Product Line delivers to every line of business in LM Space. This role is to lead the Hardware Asset Team within the Testbed & Simulation Product Line, in order to provide effective, affordable, and innovative solutions to our wide array of customers! This associate manager role requires a balance of technical, individual, and team leadership in a dynamic environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Lead a team of 12-15 engineers developing and testing testbed solutions for programs.
• Manage the development of the hardware components for all of the team’s testbeds, including FPGA designs, of the hardware-in-the-loop testbeds, real time simulators, digital simulators and board and box test set solutions.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with software leads within the Product Line.
• Support all aspects of test and simulation hardware solutions requirements, architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration testing, qualification testing, builds, delivery, documentation, and maintenance.
• Embrace the product line methodology by identifying and evolving processes and technical solutions that support multiple programs.
• Manage the peer review process and utilize the associated metrics as objective evidence of project status and forecasted progress for the hardware team
• Coordinate requirements, data, and test case inputs with system engineers and subsystem engineers for hardware team
• Plan and manage project schedules for hardware team
• Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets for hardware testbeds
• Provide regular status briefings to program management. Identify technical, cost, and schedule risks.
• Identify staffing requirements to product team management
• Perform functional manager duties, hire staff, give employee feedback and career development for direct reports
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO HAVE:
• 8+ years of professional experience for this role.
• You are a citizen of the United States .
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Previous electronics and/or software development and experience over the entire product lifecycle.
• Experience with electrical test system implementation and troubleshooting activities.
• Experience with circuit card assemblies, PWB design, cable design, and/or board verification.
• Basic understanding of FPGA design.
• Experience with integration, troubleshooting, and test on electrical equipment.
• Experience with hardware troubleshooting equipment, such as DMMs, Oscilloscopes, etc.
• Integrated HW/SW experience.
• Comfortable in Fast-paced development experience.
• Project Leadership/Management Experience throughout the engineering life cycle: scoping, sizing, cost estimation, planning, scheduling, and tracking.
• Must demonstrate leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience in presentation, oral and written communication to facilitate effective and efficient interchanges with employees, coworkers, leaders, and customers.
• Experience with working with procurement and fabrication organizations.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.