Lockheed Martin Communications Intern in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Visual Communications intern, you will create animations, graphics and/or videos to help tell the Space Systems story to our customers, employees and the public. Collaborating with our team of designers, animators and video professionals, your responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Assist in developing creative briefs and project plans.
• Track projects and communicate status to clients.
• Develop concepts and storyboards.
• Create 2D/3D animations and graphics.
• Assist with filming and/or editing for video and webcast projects.
• Archive completed projects in our digital asset management tools.
Working towards an undergraduate or advanced degree from an accredited college in a discipline related to Visual Communications including animation, digital media, design, photography and video.
• Minimum cumulative 3.3 GPA
• Understanding of the various components of a communications plan
• Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style
• Strong writing skills
• Combination of skills in event planning, social media, media, digital marketing and writing for the web
• Prior communications internships, related work experiences or demonstrated leadership experiences (e.g. PRSSA or on-campus agency) is preferred, but not required
• Great interpersonal skills, integrity, organization, teamwork, energy and flexibility
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.