Lockheed Martin Chapter Next Returnship - Software Engineer/Littleton, CO in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Chapter Next – Let Lockheed Martin be the next step in your Journey Back to the workforce!
Have you taken some extended time away from your career in support of family or personal obligations? At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we understand that sometimes we must pause our professional life to support our family and loved ones. After stepping away from the workplace to care for children, aging parents or other family obligations, the road to return to work can be challenging, and at times intimidating. This is where Chapter Next can be part of your solution!
Chapter Next is a 12-16 week paid returnship hosted by RMS. Candidates who have taken a professional career hiatus for at least 2+ years will be eligible to apply to this program.
During this returnship participants will become part of a community of similarly experienced professionals with challenging work scopes that contribute to the great innovation produced by Lockheed Martin. Selected candidates will be exposed to comprehensive training, professional development opportunities, networking opportunities, and individual based mentoring
Our goal is to provide the fundamental tools needed to be successful in your career field, and to potentially prepare you for an opportunity to join Lockheed Martin full-time. Fields of focus will be diverse across the program and include functional and technical opportunities.
This returnship position is for a Software Engineer in the Multi-Domain Weapon Systems group in Littleton CO.
The Air Force Distributed Common Ground Station (AF DCGS) family of programs is seeking a software engineer to work modernization through sustainment activities.
The selected candidate will be supporting the program in all phases of the software development process. This individual will be executing Agile software development and programming in C++ and/or Java in a team environment potentially supporting multiple projects for the various products developed by this program such as the core products CETS (signal processing system), MSCS (theater situational awareness), and SEAM (sensor asset management). The selected candidate will also collaborate closely with project management, systems integration and test engineers, as well as fellow software engineers.
Applicants must have good communication, writing, and presentation skills.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience developing software in C++ and/or Java
- Object oriented design and programming experience
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Experience with Linux/Unix based systems
- Ability to collaborate with a team of developers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required)
- Experience in agile-based software development methodologies
- Experience with Software Integration and Test
- Strong computer science and math skills.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Have a working understanding of LM software development plans and processes
- Experience with Enterprise architecture and distributed computing
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience with J2EE and web services
- Experience with Virtual Machines, packaging, jumpstart/kickstarts
- Experience with Docker, Puppet, RPMs
- System integration experience considered a plus
- Security Plus certification or equivalent considered a plus
- TS/SCI considered a plus
- Domain experience with SIGINT processing systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.