Vivage Senior Living Communities Food and Nutrition Services Aide in Lakewood, Colorado
Food and Nutrition Services Aide:
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service? At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. Vivage” means celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
P. We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH US Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Dietary Aide’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The person in this role is entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dining Services Director in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
Dining Maintenance Duties:
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures
Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties Dining Duties:
Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc. to designated areas
Assist in checking meal plates/trays before distribution Serving Responsibilities:
Work closely with other kitchen staff and other dietary aides
- Provide good customer service to residents to ensure the best dining experience
- Take orders, serve food and drinks, remove dinnerware from table in timely fashion
Help with food preparation and cleaning duties SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of an 8th grade education
- None, on the job training provided; experience in the food industry preferred
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.