Vail Valley Jet Center Ramp Agent-Seasonal in Gypsum, Colorado
Full-time 30+ hours / week and some overtime may be required
The Vail Valley Jet Center is a top ranked aviation service company in one of the most spectacular resort destinations in the world. We provide unsurpassed quality service to our customers, handling everything from logistical challenges to basic aviation ground support. Our customer focused team is made up of leaders in the aviation industry who make the Vail Valley Jet Center a world class FBO.
Do you have a passion for airplanes? Do you like variety in your work day in the outdoors? Come join our flight support team as an Ramp Agent.
Why you should apply:
Opportunities for on-the job training
Ski Pass or End of Season Bonus
Full health insurance package
Fun place to work!
Have you ever wanted to learn to fly? We also provide a one-hour complimentary introductory flight for new employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Responsible for transporting customers and luggage on the ramp. Assist with loading and unloading of luggage.
· Responsible for greeting, interviewing and granting access to all arriving vehicles onto the Airport Operations Area (AOA).
· Supply customers with catering, coffee, ice, water, newspapers, etc.
· Responsible for greeting, parking, chocking and marshalling all aircraft arriving or departing from the ramp and hangar area.
· Marshalling, wing-walking aircraft and motor vehicles.
· Valet customer vehicles and store in appropriate locations.
· Receive service information from customers and proper tracking to disseminate the information to the team.
· Monitor the Safety and Security of everyone and everything at all times
· Perform daily inspections on all golf carts, and courtesy cars.
· Adhere to daily checklists and comply with assigned work.
· Maintain a constant friendly, helpful and outgoing presence on the ramp and at the gate.
· Be familiar with VVJC policies and procedures to better inform customers (i.e. hours of operation, hangar policies, ramp policies, etc.)
· Starting and warming up of vehicles.
· Arrangement of linen care service.
· Maintain a clear ramp from F.O.D.
· Keep courtesy cars, vans, and equipment clean.
· Snow removal from customer cars, and the front of the F.B.O.
· Knowledge of contract ticket information, and service request information.
· Report all broken, unsafe or damaged items or areas immediately upon discovery and remedy the situation immediately to the best of your ability.
· Prepare coffee and offer dish cleaning services.
· Maintain regular and punctual onsite attendance.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Work together with other employees as a team.
· To honor and uphold the company’s values of integrity, safety, service, growth, and giving.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Must be comfortable communicating with customers face-to-face; must possess exceptional oral and communication skills; computer skills; good judgment and decision-making skills. Professional conduct must always be maintained.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor conditions and loud noises. Occasionally exposed to toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock, wind, and extreme weather conditions. The employee is infrequently exposed to vibration, water, grease/oil, or smoke.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, run, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Must regularly lift and \ or move up to 55 pounds above the head. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, kneel, squat, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and night vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security ID badge
· Training is provided
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and random substance testing. Must be 18 to be considered.
Vail Valley Jet Center is based in Gypsum, Colorado. This is a great place to live because, the area offers the beauty of the mountains, countless recreational opportunities, accessible and abundant arts and cultural opportunities and much more.