Colorado State University Colorado Alumni Engagement Specialist in Fort Collins, Colorado
Posting Detail Information
Working Title Colorado Alumni Engagement Specialist
Position Location Fort Collins
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 201801097AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Number of Vacancies 1
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range 45,000-47,000
Desired Start Date 02/15/2019
Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 01/06/2019
Description of Work Unit
This is the best time to join Colorado State University. Over the past eight years, CSU has consistently surpassed fundraising records, doubled alumni participation in philanthropy, and closed two of the largest gifts in the university’s history. Soon after exceeding its first campaign goal of $500 million in 2012, CSU embarked on a much more ambitious path: The $1 billion “State Your Purpose – The Campaign for Colorado State University.” To date, CSU has already reached the $1 billion goal, and with less than two years remaining in the campaign, yet another fundraising record will be set.
Fort Collins is known as “The Choice City” because of its proximity to the beautiful Rocky Mountains, excellent schools, 300+ days of sunshine yearly, thriving arts scene, eclectic shops and restaurants, and miles of walking and biking paths.
The Division of University Advancement is integral to achieving and sustaining institutional excellence through fundraising and engagement efforts. The Division has one of the leading development teams in the country and places a strong emphasis on professional and personal growth for its employees, including educational opportunities, onboarding and mentoring programs.
The CSU Alumni Association facilitates meaningful relationships between its 227,000+ alumni and the University. Using a combination of proven alumni engagement strategies and new, innovative approaches, the Alumni Association strives to celebrate the success of our alumni, build an emotional connection back to the institution, and help alumni to identify meaningful connections. In addition, the Association recently opened the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center to serve as a place of pride and home to alumni when they return to campus.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a consummate professional and will thrive in a fast-paced, metrics and results-driven environment. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with members, donors, prospects, alumni, colleagues, staff, and students. Eligible candidates will understand how they can make a difference in supporting the future direction of CSU, its alumni, and students.
The Colorado Alumni Engagement Specialist is responsible for managing meaningful alumni engagement opportunities for alumni throughout Colorado and Southern Wyoming, excluding the seven-county metro Denver area and Fort Collins. They will build positive relationships with alumni as well as internal and external partners and create and manage meaningful engagement opportunities for alumni to strengthen their relationship with CSU. This will be accomplished through virtual and face-to-face meetings as well as planning and executing programs and events across Colorado and Southern Wyoming in order to meet unit goals. He/she will serve as an Alumni Association lead on a variety of events and programs and will collaborate with various campus partners in the delivery of these programs. While working directly with the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, this position will be responsible for consulting and executing a Colorado alumni engagement master plan and strategy that will align with the overall engagement strategy for the Alumni Association.
This position is based out of the Alumni Association office on the CSU Campus in Fort Collins, Colorado and reports to the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement. This position requires the ability to lift/carry 25 pounds, and a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation or access to a driver. This is a 12-month, full-time appointment.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, communications, hospitality, or related field • At least 2 years professional experience in event and/or program management • At least 2 years professional experience in a customer service or relationship building role • Ability to travel and work non-standard hours, including early mornings, events, and weekends. • Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date. • Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to maximize productivity in a creative, fast-paced environment • Experience building positive constituent engagement through events and programs • Experience working with budgets and financial processes • Strong interpersonal communication skills and an ability to manage demanding work situations • Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of highly collaborative team • Knowledge of Colorado State University and its alumni association
•Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Alumni Engagement, Relationship Management
• Develop and execute meaningful engagement opportunities for alumni across Colorado and Southern Wyoming (excluding the Denver area and Fort Collins, and including Cheyenne/Laramie, Wyoming), to strengthen their relationship with CSU through participation in events, programs, volunteering, and virtual experiences. Includes year-round travel to these locations. • Partner with Manager of Young Alumni and Student Engagement to develop programming to target this demographic. • Partner with Volunteer Program Specialist to include recruitment of alumni volunteers, create virtual volunteer engagement opportunities for alumni across Colorado, Colorado Ram Networks. • Collaborate with campus partners in the delivery of alumni programming, including, but not limited to the Office of Engagement, Extension, Admissions, colleges and advancement colleagues. • Actively participate in growing membership, license plates and related revenue. This includes collaboration with the Alumni Association membership team to ensure proper messaging and stewardship is included in engagement plans. • Design and build targeted lists for engagement activities and communications using the alumni database, review lists for accuracy and alignment with engagement goals.
Percentage Of Time 45%
Job Duty Category Program and Event Management
• Develop concept, coordinate logistics, and execute alumni engagement events throughout Colorado (excluding Denver area) and Southern Wyoming. • Liaison with alumni volunteer groups across Colorado who plan events to support scholarship fundraising (i.e. golf tournaments, fundraising dinners, etc.). • Manage projects/events during Homecoming and Commencement as part of the Engagement Team. • Work with campus partners in the execution of collaboration events and programs.
Percentage Of Time 40%
Job Duty Category Operations and Unit Support
• Develop and prepare monthly reports of engagement efforts and impact in Colorado areas with larger alumni populations. Includes research, analysis, and recommendations for adjustments to strategy. • Manage $50,000 program budget and comply with university financial policies. • Understand and apply knowledge of University Advancement alumni database in a variety of facets, including analysis of demographic data, program/event effectiveness, and return on engagement/investment. Monitor trends to increase alumni engagement and make recommendations for enhancements or changes.
Percentage Of Time 15%
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, all materials must be received by 11:59 pm on January 6th, 2019. Prospective candidates should submit materials consisting of (1) a letter of interest detailing how your experience meets the required and preferred qualifications; (2) resume; and (3) three (3) professional references noting name, phone number, email address and professional relationship (one must be a current or former supervisor). References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
A $3,000 moving allowance may be negotiated at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Travel
Search Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, business, communications, hospitality, or related field?
Do you have at least 2 years professional experience in event and/or program management?
Do you have at least 2 years professional experience in a customer service or relationship building role?
Are you willing to travel and work non-standard hours, including early mornings, events, and weekends?
Do you have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date?