Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Requirements and Verification in Englewood, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Systems Engineer for Requirements and Verification, you will:
• Be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents, including defining the requirements and verification baseline
• Supportrequirements and verification team projects and coordinate regularly with key partners to maintain program objectives
• Quickly become a proficient independent contributor with the program DOORS database and apply systems engineering change control process to retain control of the program requirements
• Develop and maintain scripts for producing documents and reports from the DOORS database
• Utilize change management tools to implement change control of the DOORS database
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in Systems Engineering, or related technical discipline experience with knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
• Writing requirements documentation and coordinating release through approval process
• DOORS or similar tool for requirements management, decomposition and publication
• Secret security clearance
• Hypersonic experience in requirements and verification of program and/or component level requirements
• Script modification and development
• Experience with model based tools (Cameo, JIRA, Model Center)
• Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and toteams
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.