HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker II PRN in Englewood, Colorado
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Swedish Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Case Management teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Social Worker II with us:
- You will assess the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the psychiatric patient’s health and recovery
- You will utilize social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs, utilizing DBT, CBT and Trauma Informed Care practice
- You will coordinate services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources
- You will assess patients through concurrent case management to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care
- You will assist in discharge planning which will begin at the time of (or prior to) admission, and reassessed ongoing throughout the course of hospitalization
- You will have knowledge of payer source implications on discharge plan, resources and placement options to maximize patient’s successful disposition
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Non-Licensed clinical social work or eligible for licensure
- BLS certification through American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Masters or Doctorate degree from a graduate school of social work
- 3 – 5 years recent clinical social work experience in acute care setting preferred
- Must have the ability to assess information, apply critical thinking processes to determine course of action, and relay this information intelligently to the interdisciplinary team
- Requires excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload, and develop efficient methods of managing time
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Recruiter: Tami Hewitt-Email: Tamera.Hewitt@HCAHealthcare.com Text/Call: 303-229-0607
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker II PRN
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-91930