Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Integration Engineer in Englewood, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth, and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to become a member of the Systems Design and Integration Team.
AS A SENIOR SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER , YOU WILL:
- Work with the SEIT, Flight Sciences, Subsystem and component CPE's to develop detailed test requirements and implement missile level test plans.
- Define test vehicle configurations, develop and maintain drawing trees and track progress of component manufacture as related to supporting test activities
- Lead one or more major test assets throughout their life cycle
- Define the required MGSE and EGSE with the Test organization
- Support flight and ground test operations, Static, Shock, Separation, MIL, SIL and flight
- Work with the Verification and Validation Team
- Define and Document test Like you Fly Exceptions
- Identify risks and opportunities, maintain and report schedules
- Solve problems!
- Lead and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
- Lead failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
- Mentor junior Engineers
This is your opportunity to join something great.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and one or more Systems Integration functions including:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• 7+ years with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Significant experience with MIL and SIL Flight Test, major ground tests including shock, vibe, thermal, separation etc.
• A working knowledge and previous experience with ground and Navy based Missile systems like THAAD, FBM etc.
• Experience with DOORS, CAMEO, EPDM and design tools
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with others
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.