Comcast Sr Principal Storage Architect in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology.Product. Xperience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
- Architect and design storage infrastructure solutions to support the development and deployment of advanced IP video technologies and services.
- Lead and drive the implementation of reliable, scalable and versatile storage infrastructure.
- Research, develop and drive the forward-looking storage strategy via proof of concepts to ensure the longevity of video storage.
- Foster cross-functional mentoring and knowledge sharing across the various engineering teams.
- Manage and mentor a team of systems engineers, assign and prioritize project tasks.
- Oversee configuration and management of storage infrastructure.
What your team of skilled engineers performs.
Provide hands-on systems level engineering and technical oversight for all Storage Platforms.
- Configuration and standardization of storage system fault tolerance, monitoring and stress testing.
- Tests and certifies systems releases and firmware for storage infrastructure components provided by vendors.
- Tier 3 support for critical escalations
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and handle multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve and drive resolution.
- Proactive ownership, positive attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to senior leadership.
- Strong experience gathering requirements and supporting advanced software development teams in an agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and step outside their comfort zone.
- 12 years of hands-on experience in systems engineering.
- Experience with large scale distributed storage architectures, IBM Cleversafe, AWS S3 or equivalent object storage technology.
- Knowledge of video storage platforms, video on demand and cloud DVR.
- Experience managing a team of engineers responsible for various infrastructure domains.
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies and Immutable Infrastructure.
Knowledge of Infrastructure Systems & Platforms
- Networking VLAN, Routing, Multicast, Unicast
- Data Centers Racks, Power, Cooling
- Automation Bash, Python, Ansible
- Virtualization VMware, OpenStack
- Containers Docker on Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards and best practices in managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
What do you get?
- Flexible schedule, telecommuting, work life balance.
- A variety of snacks, drinks and catered lunches.
- Opportunity to collaborate with world class engineers like yourself.
- Recreation games, ping pong, cornhole, foosball
- Excellent company benefits.
- An Awesome boss
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer