Willis Towers Watson Retirement Actuarial Intern – University in Denver, Colorado
Retirement Actuarial Intern – University
Date Posted: October 10, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
Summary of Role
Our consultants develop new solutions to provide retirement security to a globally aging society. Join our Retirement consulting team in providing expertise in retirement and investment consulting to support global organizations in optimizing the effectiveness of their employee retirement. Whether a client has a defined benefit pension or a defined contribution plan, we work with them to determine the right approach to designing, funding, investing, communicating, governing and employee management that fits their specific goals. Our team enhances participants’ knowledge of their retirement benefits and the meaning of financial independence. You will also learn about all the services that Willis Towers Watson offers their clients and how they complement and enhance our retirement consulting practice.
As an Intern, you will gain direct exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, solve problems, develop solutions, and share your brilliant results. In this role, you’ll experience a balance of expanding your technical and industry knowledge and developing your problem solving and communications skills, while benefiting from working in a close-knit and supportive team environment.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive actuarial exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist in attaining an accredited actuarial designation.
General Business Skills
• Knowledge of capital markets and how they affect retirement programs
• Sales planning and influence
• Executive presence and business acumen
• Preparing and assisting with the delivery of client presentations and communications
• Communication of technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Retirement Consulting Skills
• Designing, funding, pricing, and the implementation and management of retirement programs
• Competitive benchmarking analysis of benefit plan designs
• Actuarial modelling, including annual valuations, forecasting and review of assumptions
• Assessment of retirement needs and resources, including programs such as 401(k), Health Savings Accounts, Social Security and defined benefit pensions
• Application of U.S. rules to support plan compliance
• In the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (Junior standing preferred; Sophomore considered with other relevant internship experience)
• Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
• Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills
• Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com at http://willistowerswatson.com/
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Denver, CO, US
Date Posted:October 10, 2018