Volunteers Of America Colorado Residential Coordinator - Senior Women's Shelter in Denver, Colorado
Residential Coordinator - Senior Women's Shelter
We are looking for part time and full time coordinators. Please view position hours below in the position type and expected hours section.
The Residential Coordinator the Senior Women’s Shelter (SWS) is directly responsible for the management of the facility (during their shift), the service provision for the participants in the program, assisting the residents with maintaining their Stay in the program as well as obtaining housing in the community upon exit. This program is a 24-hour shelter program serving to 25 unaccompanied senior women and three unaccompanied Veteran Service modalities include Housing First, Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Crises De-escalation and Critical Time Intervention. Job duties include supporting and coordinating the Residential Case Manager in the delivery of appropriate housing stability and support services for women experiencing chronic homelessness including ensuring client needs are met, maintaining the safety and wellbeing of all 28 residents, maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, providing life skill classes, maintaining client files and program data entry/ maintenance. Further, Residential Coordinators will have an expertise on mental health services and may develop specialty areas including housing, employment, legal services, benefits, or others as indicated by the needs of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that the resident’s voice is heard, and when appropriate the resident’s ideas play a prominent role in programming.
• Responsible for possessing an in-depth knowledge regarding program requirements, including the referral process, support services, allowable costs, field-relevant best practices, utilization of the coordinated entry system.
• Demonstrates knowledge of resident-specific resources, a passion for serving the population and people experiencing homelessness, and the ability to contribute to the program-wide objectives of a diverse and dynamic team.
• Develops, directs and monitors the implementation of quality Housing First/CTI-based supportive services tied to housing stability. Coordinates with the entire team to deliver services most appropriate to meet the needs of the residents in a Safe Haven Model. Assists in relocating residents as needed and securing emergency housing.
• Clearly documents all client interactions along with required eligibility and demographic information. Obtains and maintains chronic homelessness documentation and disability documentation. Ensures timely reporting within data entry systems and hard copy files in accordance with grant guidelines. Develops specialized knowledge related to service delivery database systems within the organization including Service Point and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Performs duties in a professional manner by maintaining the confidentially of all information and by participating effectively within and across teams.
• Maintains physical and emotional safety of all residents in the facility. Manages the milieu and addresses any resident conflict immediately to de-escalate. Will contact emergency personnel as necessary and will accurately and adequately complete any reports or documentation required.
• Supports team members by serving as a resource for analyzing and solving problems and staying abreast of current issues and theories within the field.
• Oversees and participates in general house maintenance such as assisting in cooking, supplying linen and personal items, conducting building walk-through, enforcing rules, checking chore completion, setting and checking alarms, etc.
• Serves as coordinator for holiday projects and other special projects as assigned.
• Assists in supervision of volunteers during shifts worked.
• Maintains regular front desk duties that include but are not limited to: answering phone calls, taking message, accepting donations, handling mail, handing out bus pass.
• Serves as a mentor to junior personnel to develop knowledge and experience regarding best practice standards within their workgroup. May be responsible for training staff members assigned to their team.
• Serves as a member of the coverage on-call rotation team (full-time only).
• Provides coverage at other facilities other than assigned facility as requested by management staff.
• Participates during work hours in the scheduling of staff for open shifts as requested by management staff.
• Attends staff meetings and training as scheduled. Participates as an equal member of the Irving Street team.
• Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Utilization of various databases including Homeless Management Information System and Service Point.
• Ensures equitable and inclusive services.
• Ensures that resident(s) has an active voice in programming.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Associates Degree in a related area or the equivalent experience in human services.
• One-year direct human service experience.
• Good organizational and planning skills; works well as part of a team.
• Complete program credentialing process, to include criminal and civil background checks within 30 days of hire.
• Willing to obtain first aid, automated external defibrillator, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certifications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Experience working with individuals experiencing chronic homelessness, severe and persistent mental health concerns, and residential case management experience.
• Residential experience and/or milieu management.
• Crises intervention skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Expert written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• High level of competency working with Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based applications.
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
• Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong organization skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to be single staffed while in the facility while having the responsibility for the safety of up to 25 residents.
• Ability to quickly and safely go up and down stairs regularly throughout the shift to do perimeter checks, and in cases of an emergency.
• Some lifting is required but should rarely exceed 25lbs.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Wednesday – Saturday 12:30pm – 10:30pm
Mon-Thurs 10:00 pm – 8:00 am (full time)
Sat & Sun 10:00 pm -8:00 am (20 hours a week)
• While Coordinators are on duty, they are likely single-staffed and unless they have established coverage for an approved reason, they will be expected to stay at the facility for the entirety of their shift.
• While on duty, there is single staffing must arrange for coverage if there is a reason to go off-site (must be pre-approved).
• Expectation to stay at the facility for the entirety of their shift.
• All full-time staff are considered “essential staff,” requiring to be on their scheduled shifts regardless of holidays or inclement weather. This is compensated as determined by HR.
• All full-time staff are also required be on the on-call rotation. This may result in being on-call approximately every 4-6 weeks. During on-call, all staff are required to answer calls for coverage issues for an entire seven days (Friday at 5pm until the next Friday at 5pm). This may require coverage of shifts at all residential facilities. There is a $100 stipend as compensation for being on call plus any overtime worked.
Program is located at 1247 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80204. The main staff office is located in the entrance area of the facility.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton