Kaiser Permanente Registered Nurse in Denver, Colorado
Under supervision, provides professional nursing care to patients by direct and/or telephone contact, as assigned, including assessing & evaluating health status, developing & implementing nursing regimen, performing routine and/or specialized nursing procedures, & assisting or supporting the provider in providing patient care, following established protocols, policies & procedures.
• Assists patients either in person or via teleph1 & implements proper course of action in accordance w/ established protocol or in consultation w/ provider.
• Operates & monitors equipment, & assesses vital signs & electrocardiograms.
• Assists provider & prepares supplies & equipment.
• Administers eye drops and/or sedatives.
• Orders & Accounts for narcotic medications.
• Cleans & sterilizes instruments.
• Must be able to read a display terminal, fine print, & gauges while monitoring patient equipment.
• May be required to lift & carry up to 15 pounds throughout the workday, (e.g. medical charts, instruments, equipment).
• Position requires working w/ interruptions; w/ hazardous waste; w/ hands in water; & around moving equipment such as wheelchairs.
• May be required to lift patients using proper lifting techniques.
UFCW Local 7 - $37.72-$44.38
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in ophthalmology operating room required.
Graduate of board approved RN program and completed a minimum of 750 clock hours of faculty planned clinical experience and guided learning activities which required direct supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel (ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately accessible.
High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Colorado.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) & Taxonomy code at time of hire preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.