Volunteers Of America Colorado Program Coordinator - Meals on Wheels in Denver, Colorado
Program Coordinator - Meals on Wheels
The Program Coordinator works in collaboration with the Volunteers of America staff, volunteers, and other designated outside agencies to provide meal service to at-risk seniors who live independently. The Program Coordinator will use resources to connect seniors to services needed through referral to vetted services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishes trusting relations with coworkers, peers and program participants.
• Actively works cooperatively and collaborates with members of the team to serve program participants in a comprehensive, effective and caring way.
• Maintains a caseload of 400- 500 clients by providing intake services, reassessments and ongoing referral services.
• Maintains and ensures confidentiality of all program participant information.
• Schedules weekly home visits to program participants; coordinating service plans, preparing corresponding paperwork, documentation and follow- up on client progress.
• Handle crisis situations in a calm and professional manner, takes appropriate action and reports critical incidents as required.
• Resolves customer concerns, issue credits and reschedule deliveries as needed.
• Assumes Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities as needed, providing direction, coordination and consultation for volunteer functions within the Meals on wheels program.
• Prepares and maintains reporting sheets, site logs, waiting list and end of the month reports.
• Attends and participate in staff meetings, trainings, seminars and resource fairs.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America- Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America- Colorado Branch three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry Humble, and People Smart).
• There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Associate’s degree in gerontology or related human service field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Own transportation, valid Colorado driver’s license and state –mandated automobile insurance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Possess an ability to listen effectively and respond creatively to program participant issues.
• Fluent in Spanish preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledgeable about available service programs for seniors in program service areas.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office.
• Poise and diplomacy in contact with the agency, clients, donors, other service providers and all regulatory agencies and funding sources.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to answer a high volume of telephone calls.
• Deliver meals to clients as needed and may need to lift up to 25 lbs. repeatedly during deliveries.
• Travel utilizing personal vehicle may be required.
• Extended periods of sitting at a desk may be required.
• The noise level is usually low to moderate.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Full Time
• Monday – Friday 8:00am- 5:00 pm and designated holidays.
• Evening and/or weekend hours may be required based on program events or assigned job duties.
• 2660 Larimer St. Denver , Colorado
Salary:Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton