Fluor Power Plant Operator in Denver, Colorado
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph *
Summary : Monitoring, operating, and maintaining all equipment on the site utility plant. Equipment consists of switchgear, load centers, associated HMI (Human Machine Interface) systems, steam and hot water boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, valves and auxiliary equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Have or have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly Clearance and comply with all background investigation requirements.
• Operate and maintain SCADA, Power Quality Monitoring, EMCS, and Industrial Chilled Water Controls
• Responsible for the proper operation of the boiler, air compressor and chiller systems. Monitors equipment and systems performance and makes required adjustments to maintain plant production within specified limits. Accurately takes and logs gauge and meter readings.
• Performs complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of facilities and building equipment, systems, structures and hardware, including air handlers, domestic water, chilled water, hot water, steam, building exhaust, compressed air, controls, lighting, electrical, security systems, fire systems, etc.
• Performs corrective and preventive maintenance as scheduled. Notifies Operations Supervisor of issues in the plant.
• Evaluates problems with equipment, plans repairs and modification to equipment, locates original or alternate parts to be ordered.
• Responds to emergency situations, and is able to perform pre-determined emergency actions to place the plant back in a safe condition
• Reads local indicators/gauges and/or computer consoles at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Utilizes manual, automatic and computerized controls to bring equipment into prescribed operating ranges.
• Logs equipment problems and informs supervisor of items needing repair.
• Maintains records of operating conditions and actions taken.
• Assists in the performance of functional/operational tests to evaluate equipment/systems capability and reliability.
• Implements standard trade practices and procedures including appropriate safety precautions.
• Works rotating shifts, and some weekends
- Other duties as assigned
• Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
• Position eligible for relocation bonus
Job ID: 126199BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.