HSS Inc Operations Manager in Denver, Colorado
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead, direct, and support the daily operations of the MEM internal operations ensuring customer satisfaction from the efforts of the organization. The position is responsible for managing the effectiveness and profitability of their respective areas. This position is challenged with maintaining the vision and goals for each distinctive program. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service. Teach and mentor less experienced team members and FSE with a focus on growing their ability and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides motivational and organizational guidance and support to the defined area by leading meetings, providing updates, scheduling work-related activities, and organizing daily operations to make the defined staff knowledgeable in their field and efficient in their job tasks.
- Organizes billing operations, changes billing operations when appropriate for streamlining work loads, makes billing-related decisions, and completes the billing process by providing invoicing to accounting department.
- Manages, supervises, hires, and develops employees including discipline and termination activities.
- Serves as point-of-contact for all accounting-related issues for both internal and external customers.
- Attends various corporate-required regular meetings and participates in various committees as requested by the division VP.
- Contributes to the flow of information between corporate and department and liaise in the decision-making process lending specific field expertise to these committees.
- Contributes information for the annual budget and corporate strategic plans by analyzing expenses, revenue, and capital budget requests while aligning department specific goals with HSS corporate goals.
- Manages budgets, makes purchases, and makes recommendations for organizational expenditures.
- Maintains direct customer contact through meetings, phone calls, and emails in order to foster excellent customer relations.
- Interfaces with direct reports and customers frequently to resolve technical or financial issues.
- Assigns activities for direct reports and verifies the completion of critical activities.
- Creates monthly reports as needed by customers.
- Manages capital equipment.
- This position works and collaborates with other employees, prospective employees, clients, prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, guests, visitors, patients, and medical personnel.
- Manage all data entry and customer service for TMA, Vision and NetSuite databases and customers to support the MEM Division
- Manage/supervise a team of 10 employees including data entry, customer service, billing, logistics. Staff includes full time, part time, temp, & remote employees.
- Responsible for the support of all MEM field personnel and customer accounts in all geographic areas
- Detailed review of all customer service events and monthly customer billing
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, & quarterly business reports as well as special request reports
- Track completed preventive maintenance, test work, and demand service repair reports
- Update database for all customer materials management system including repair information, equipment for customers, inventory, and processing of parts invoicing
- Oversee collection of past due customer invoices with hand-off to accounting department
- Handles escalated customer service issues
- Word processing and typing of correspondence, proposals, reports, and spreadsheets, as required
- Assists in operational support to maintain division marketing/mailing lists and produce mailings list as required.
- Monitor payouts for employee incentive program
- Implement new employee training, systems on-boarding of new employees and transferred employees
- Submit & track credit card statements & expense/mileage reports and vendor expense & review approvals
- Prepares new-employee team orientation & arranges training for all new employees on relevant software
- Processing of all supply orders, including administrative, shop, and forms for MEM
- Systems administrator for TMA including troubleshooting, regular and special request reports
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology
- Pursues and develops new business opportunities
- Provides input for marketing and sales development
- Manages and reports on data for defined area
- May manage business bookings of up to $2.5M per year and/or
- May manage a staff of up to 4 Supervisors and 24 Service Engineers
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or General Educational Development certification (GED)
- Preferred Associates Degree or Military equivalent required
- 2 years of management experience or
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a related field
- Leadership, Communications, Customer Satisfaction Training
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with office computers and Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency with medical equipment and tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to make complex decisions within short amount of time
- Ability to perform with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
- Billing, invoicing, and ordering experience or skills
- Ability to drive a vehicle for business purposes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May also spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 55lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled