Office of the Comptroller of the Currency National Bank Examiner (Analyst to the Deputy Comptroller), NB-0570-VI Step 2 in Denver, Colorado
As aNational Bank Examiner (Analyst to the Deputy Comptroller), you willadvise and assist the Deputy Comptroller in planning, organizing, and implementing all functions, including a comprehensive bank supervision program consistent with OCC policies, procedures, and practices.Midsize & Community BankSupervisionWesternDistrict
As a National Bank Examiner (Analyst to the Deputy Comptroller), you will: Act as an operational resource to the Deputy Comptroller through day-to-day involvement in the business of the district. Provides input and expertise on numerous safety and soundness, operational, and administrative issues in the district.
Serve as a member of the Senior Management Group (SMG), and serve as a member and may lead risk management operations committees.
Advise and assist the Deputy in planning, organizing, and implementing all functions of the office, which includes filling in as an ADC or Examiner-in-Charge, and performing examinations or horizontal reviews of national banksor federal savings associations that require signing Report of Examinations (ROEs).
Supervisory work includes planning and scheduling work, assigning work to employees, preparing performance plans and evaluations, and effecting minor disciplinary measures. Draft important communications for review, edit and approval by the Deputy Comptroller.
Conditions of Employment
This is a 5 year rotational position. If selected, you will be required to sign a non-bargaining unit Rotational Agreement that details conditions.
This position requires a National Bank Examiner (NBE) commission reflecting the incumbent is authorized to sign Reports of Examinations (ROEs) for national banks and federal savings associations.
Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable. Travel overnight or locally on a frequent basis. Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement: · Examining or auditing financial institutions to identify areas of risk and advise on risk mitigation; or · Advising or consulting to management on bank supervisory issues or operational processes Selective factor: You must also possess a National Bank Examiner (NBE) commission reflecting that you are authorized to sign Reports of Examinations (ROEs) for national banks and federal savings associations.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
· This position is a Step 2 level position within the NB-VI pay band. Step 2 level positions are distinguished by additional job complexity, responsibility, and advanced skill levels required by the work.
· If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
· We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
· This is an Excepted Service position under Schedule B, 213.3205(a)
· Salary range includes 10.66% geographical pay.
· Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
· Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
· Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.