Vivage Senior Living Communities Food and Nutrition Services Cook in Denver, Colorado
Food and Nutrition Services Cook:
- Do you love creating healthy and nutritious meals?
- Does working as a high-performing individual and as part of a high-performing team excite you?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who is effective at communicating with others? At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. Vivage” means celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH US Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Cook will prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals. Meals prepared include meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Food Preparation Duties:
- Handle and prepare food that is palatable, appetizing and attractive
- Establish practice of serving hot food hot and cold foods cold.
- Cook a variety of foods in large quantities
- Be familiar with seasoning and cooking time required
- Be aware of cooking characteristics of various cuts of meats, fish and fowl
- Prepare foods for cooking: Peel, wash, trim, and cut vegetables and fruit; wash, cut, de-bone and trim meat, fish and fowl
- Cook food: Bake, roast, stew and steam-cook meats, fish and fowl, basting as necessary to retain flavor; make gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups
- Prepare cold meats, sandwiches, griddle cakes, cooked cereals, and beverages
- Use initiative and judgment in setting up meals and utilizing leftovers to avoid waste.
- Follow standard recipes but make independent decisions in line with current experience.
- Understand the importance of proper food-handling techniques and hazards of improper food handling
- Estimate quantities of food required and apportion servings while monitoring portion-controlled guidelines for individual residents
- Taste, smell, and observe food to ensure conformity with recipes and appearance
Serve food according to dietary guidelines, checking each tray for completeness and accuracy Kitchen Duties:
Comply with meal schedules
- Maintain and use equipment and supplies
- Work cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Wash pots, pans, and other equipment as used
Responsible for supervision of other food service employees in the absence of the Executive Chef EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.