Tetra Tech Entry Level Mechanical Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Title: Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Location: United States-CO-US-Denver
Job Number: 20000000780
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for providing engineering support for the mechanical engineering group in our Denver office. Typical projects include a wide variety of municipal water and waste water (pump stations, wet & dry wells, administration), commercial, government, industrial water and waste water, office building (low/high rise), military bases (offices, barracks, hangars, shops), and industrial manufacturing facilities.
If selected for this opportunity you will be responsible for:
• Assist with layout and sizing of ductwork and perform duct pressure loss calculations.
• Assist with layout and sizing of piping systems and perform piping pressure loss calculations.
• Assist with conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses.
• Assist with the preparation of detailed engineering reports and supporting documents.
• Assist with preparation of construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
• Help ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects.
• Help resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering disciplines.
• Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with the design team.
• Help resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 0-3 years of experience, preference will be given to those with work experience or internships and co-operative studies
• Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer in Training (EIT) certification are strongly recommended with intent to pursue professional licensure
• Knowledge of CADD production software such as AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com/ . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies