HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echo Technologist, FT in Denver, Colorado
At Rose Medical Center in Denver, we know that our employees, physicians and volunteers are the key to our success of providing top-quality patient care every day.
The Position displays positive support for the values and mission of RMC./The echocardiographer/performs echocardiograms to assist in the diagnostic evaluation of the heart by operating an echo machine to record and assess wall motion, valvular function and kinesis of the heart, for use in the diagnosis of cardiac disorders and valvular disorders.
* Assists with stress echocardiograms, contrast echocardiograms, and esophageal (TEE) echocardiograms when deemed necessary by cardiologist and referring physician.
* Assists in monthly statistical report to supervisor. Schedules in and out patient procedures for the department.
* Calculates test data for the physician interpretation and processing. * Other ancillary duties related to the position may include, but are not limited to, participation in quality assurance projects related to departmental activities, inventory, ordering and stocking of supplies, entering patient data and charges daily upon completion of the test.
* The position requires taking call to cover times not regularly staffed by the department ensuring 24 hour, 7 day echo coverage.
* Age group served is neonatal to geriatric.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified and/or registered cardiac diagnostic sonographer (or eligible to be obtained in 1 year). Current BLS certification through American Heart Association.
Education and Training: Two years (Associate degree) of college or equivalent. Technical training in an accredited program.
Experience: Minimum of one year of recent hospital or clinical experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must demonstrate competency in all areas of echocardiography, including transthoracic echo, transesophageal echo, stress echo, and pharmacological induced stress echo. Must have basic knowledge of 12-lead EKG interpretation. Must have basic computer skills. Must have good team skills, good communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and Professionally with supervisors, co-workers, peers, patients and physicians. Must demonstrate good organizational and technical skills Must provide safe patient care, as well as able to display appropriate judgement and problem skills.
Degree of Supervision Required: Minimal supervision. Individual proceeds with own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures and practices Prescribed by RMC.
Title: Echo Technologist, FT
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-75821