State Street Director, Consulting - Charles River Development in Denver, Colorado
What we are looking for
Responsible for creating and managing a referenceable client base within their assigned territory. The Director will manage teams of Consultants at a variety of levels while holding them accountable for the successful implementation of the Charles River Investment Management Solution. In addition, the Director will work with sales leadership to develop business through positioning and selling services for new and existing customers. This role will interface with existing and prospective clients and all internal divisions of the company and reports to the VP of Client Services.
Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you are responsible for
- Oversee staff which includes all levels of consultants, product specialists and their client projects.
- Hire staff; ensure they are properly mentored, trained and motivated.
- Ensure all team personnel are effectively staffed and utilized.
- Achieve Implementation Services group revenue goals and utilization targets.
- Achieve individual group customer satisfaction targets.
- Complete project reviews on a regularly scheduled basis which includes:
- Review implementation status and resolve implementation issues
- Work hands on with clients as necessary, with the goal of achieving successful, on schedule, on budget projects, as well as a high level of client satisfaction with implementation services.
- Ultimately responsible for delivery of each implementation upon which staff participates.
- Serve as liaison to Sales, R&D (Product Management, Engineering and QA) or other departments with needs or dependencies on services (and vice versa) to share expertise, escalate, champion/resolve issues, etc…Continuously improve implementation practices and procedures such as estimating, scoping, quality assurance reviews, methodologies, and re-engineering to deliver cost effective and efficient deployments.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to policies and procedures.
- Participate in Sales process:
- Present implementation methodology and procedures overview to prospects (on-site and/or remotely)
- Respond to ad-hoc design and best practice questions from prospects and customers
- Prepare realistic estimates, assumption documents, and SOWs for delivery to prospects and where necessary for inclusion in customer contracts.
- Compose and conduct staff reviews. Review and assess personnel for compensation and promotion purposes.
- Maintain utilization of 20-30% (1 – 1.5 days per week) via value-add management activities such as project reviews, specialized support, kick-off ad hoc meetings, etc…
- Review and approve Expenses and Time Entries
- Lead meetings
- Bi-weekly team meetings
- Project Reviews (internal and external)
- Account Reviews
- Ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to effectively work when remote with clients. Travel of 30-50% is typical but may exceed that any given year.
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- BA/MS degree in a field such as Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematical Finance or another related field.
- Experience implementing financial systems and delivering multi-tier financial applications
- Experience managing portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships
- Proven experience in managing team of 10+ consultants
- Ability to apply priorities and match staff ability to customer requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to develop and manage cross functional processes and project timelines
- Understanding of the implementation lifecycle and methodologies
- Proven ability to recommend and apply industry and technical best practices
- Strong contributor with high motivation, with the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance
- 10+ years of experience
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends, etc.)
- Strong management background; ability to work tactically and strategically
- Ensure projects are successfully completed – properly, on time, on budget
- Maintain high client satisfaction and retention
- Ensure team is well trained and mentored
- Adhere to Company’s and group’s and Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to department revenue targets and strategic initiatives
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Full time