Sonic Automotive Automotive Technician - Mountain States Toyota in Denver, Colorado
Up to $15,000.00 signing bonus.
Not even COVID-19 can slow us down. June was our second-best month ever in our service department. We are proud to say, during the pandemic, we did not furlough or lay off one single associate in our service department, can your shop say that? Sonic automotive even guaranteed technician wages during the height of the health crisis. We know service and respect our staff and their families.
Mountain States Toyota is looking for service technicians as we continue to grow by leaps and bounds. Come be a part of something special as we continue to break records in 2020. Mountain States Toyota is proud to be a member of the Sonic Automotive family, where we appreciate our technicians.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
· Outstanding compensation plan including spiffs for performance
· State of the art facility including air conditioning
· Up to date with Toyota special service tools
· Extremely busy shop that is currently scheduled one week out for appointments, we will keep you busy.
· Great atmosphere with the best coworkers in town.
· Voted one of Denver’s top places to work 3 times.
· Award winning dealership… too many to list
· Over half a million dollar parts inventory ready for you to install.
· Full benefit package including medical, dental and 401K plan with a portion matched by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
• Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
• Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
• Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the guest.
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
• Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
• Document work performed.
• Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
• Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
• Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
• Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
• Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
• Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
• Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
• High CSI is a must.
• ASI or manufacturing training.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Manual dexterity.
• Good Judgment.
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career*. *From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.