POWDR Competition and Events Volunteer in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Volunteer Title: Competition and Events Volunteer
Volunteer Committment: 1 or 7 days
Competitions & Events Volunteers will volunteer in conjunction with the Race/Competitions and Events & Services Departments to successfully execute on-hill ski/ride events and races including: slalom, halfpipe, slopestyle and boarder/skier cross. Volunteer opportunities include: race starters, credential checkers, course/feature marshals, timers, scoreboard keepers, runners and more.
Candidates must be passionate and skilled skier/riders and love the outdoors. Candidates must be able to commit by November to volunteer 1 or 7 days/shifts throughout the season (November through mid-April). The perks are as follows; 1 day is a voucher for another day of skiing, 7 days is a season pass. Seven day volunteers can also volunteer additional days and receive a voucher for each of the days completed after the 7th. Shifts are between the hours of 6:30am-5pm and up to 8 hours a day.
Volunteer Pass Policies: Volunteer season pass holders must commit by November to volunteer at least 7 days/shifts throughout the season (November through mid-April). Volunteer must fulfill minimum 2 and no more than 3 days/shifts within the first 2 months of the season, as well as at least 1 shift during the USASA Nationals event (March 28-April 8) while filling in the rest of the days between the months of January and March. Failure to attend scheduled shifts (no show OR call in) will result in deactivation of season pass until next attended shift AND rescheduling of missed shift. Failure to complete 7 day commitment will result in a 1 year suspension up to separation from the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Competition & Event Volunteers will function as a member of the Copper Mountain Competitions Department, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. As a Copper Volunteer, you are an ambassador for the Resort and should continually strive to exceed our athletes and event organizers' expectations and create memories for all guests. You must be flexible to perform any of the following positions you are qualified for;
- Gatekeeping and Judging (ensure athletes pass the gates fair and clean)
- Starter and Assistant Starter (lining the athletes up in order and giving the proper start commands)
- Scoreboard (posting of scores relayed from timer)
- Hand Timers (manually timing a race for back up)
- Jump marshals (posted at features to let the officials know if athlete clears the jump and communicate with judges)
- Tabulator (help judges record scores in race shack)
- Starter and Assistant Starter
- Credential Checker (ensuring a secured venue and letting only the appropriate credentialed people into the venue)
- Course marshals (responsible for safety on course)
- Start and assistant
- Hand Timers
Other Duties As Assigned:
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- This description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this volunteer position and is not intended to be an inclusive list of tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The volunteer position must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all Copper grooming guidelines.
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Must own or have access to proper ski/ride equipment including a helmet
- Is flexible with hours and days of volunteering
- Is on time and able to volunteer any hours of the day for which they commit
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and volunteering, to have good balance in life
- Must be in good physical condition and dress warmly to be outdoors in winter conditions for extended periods of time at 9,600 feet and above
- Must be able to commit to completion of 1 to 7 volunteer shifts (each will have related perks depending on number of days volunteered)
Preferred Experience amd Special Skills:
- Must be able to ski/ride at a minimum of intermediate level, expert skiers/riders preferred
- On-hill experience and knowledge of Copper trails and chairlifts a plus
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled