The Navigators Wedding Sales and Event Coordinator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Wedding Sales & Event Coordinator shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
This position manages and plans all weddings as well as events related to assigned group conferences and events at the Glen Eyrie Conference Center.
Accurately track sales activity through the sales funnel/pipeline and SMART plans: sales appointments, sales calls, prospecting calls, maintenance calls, networking, and site tours (daily, weekly, and monthly).
· Meet or exceed annual sales revenue goal. *See combination of closed business or qualified pending opportunities to meet monthly revenue goals.
· Plan, arrange, organize, and execute events while meeting or exceeding client/customer expectations.
· Prioritize tasks and independently manage workflow based on appropriate needs and demands and the department’s policy and procedures.
· Clearly communicate policies, procedures and services offered by The Glen Eyrie Group (GEG) with clients/customers.
· Coordinate and communicate event logistics (responsibilities, timelines, etc.) with other GEG departments in order to meet or exceed client/customer expectations, through Glen Eyrie’s property management software.
· Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of customer service issues or concerns. Act as a venue host to support and assist the group leader during their event.
· Arrange full timeline during the guest’s stays, to accommodate vendor arrivals and departures and communicate that through the event’s booking resume
· Arrange work schedule to strategically be on-site during critical event times (greetings, breaks, etc.), as needed.
· Reconcile final invoices with Glen Eyrie departments, Finance Department, and client/customer.
· Additional duties as determined by Director of Sales and Marketing
· Attend BEO/Resume meetings, Sales/Event Planning team meetings, Sales/marketing meetings, and monthly GEG staff Gatherings.
· Prepare and be prepared to lead Weekly Group Resume meetings or Daily Standup meeting for the team’s clients or your own.
· Conduct and Monitor the event success and record success as well as improvements needed, for weekly Service Review meeting.
· Scheduled Event Planner on Duty is an occasional Saturday workday.
· Participate in development events such as Navigator on-site events, Cultural Development and Diversity trainings or other non-Navigator developmental events as appropriate.
· Read spiritually and culturally developmental books and literature.
· Participate in the annual, organizational Plan and Progress Review (PPR) process.
· Submit expense report as needed due the 15th of each month.
· Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
· High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred
· Two years of office environment experience required
· Three years of Event Planning experience required
· Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work with little supervision
· Excellent public relations and communication skills required, including both written and oral skills. Strong communication skills are needed to relay information to other departments with clarity and respect.
· Possess the ability to multi-task and work well within a team environment
· High attention to detail required
· Must be able to work some weekends and evenings as required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Property Management system.
External Company URL: www.navigators.org
Street: 3820 N. 30th Street