Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Systems Engineer-Firmware in Colorado Springs, Colorado
*Kratos RT Logic *is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos RT Logic is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer-Firmware/Digital Signal Processing!
This position will:
- Research, develop and integrate new satellite RF Waveforms for wideband communication applications.
- Design, develop, simulate, integrate, and test VHDL or Verilog to support various RT Logic satellite communication products and projects
- Work directly with customers and RT Logic engineers to perform requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Work with Project Engineer, Program Manager and other team members to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Use Xilinx ISE , Xilinx Vivado, and Altera Quartus to develop solutions that work with Linux platforms.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field.
- 5 years related work experience. Equivalent experience in undergraduate or graduate research projects may be considered.
- Must be a self-starter and able to thrive in a fast paced, small engineering team which includes real-time software, RF hardware, system hardware, and test engineers.
- Proficiency in Verilog or VHDL.
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows development environments.
- Familiar with one or more of source code repository tools such as: SVN, TFS, GIT
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing or Communication Engineering (Navigation, Terrestrial, Satellite, Cellular, Wireless)
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field
- Experience with common engineering lab and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Digital hardware design and engineering knowledge.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
*Kratos RT Logic is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status. *
Job Tracking ID: RTL:18-038
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 23, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP