Lowe's Sr Manager, Customer Events in Colorado Springs, Colorado
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Senior Manager, Customer Events is a thought leadership partner with the Director of Customer Events to conceive and calendarize events across the year that target different strategic Lowe’s audiences to drive brand preference, in-store traffic and impulse frequency in a post-Covid environment to Lowe’s. Importantly, this position also serves as the central and critical point of contact for merchandising, operations, brand marketing and creative to bring the vision to life – responsible for influencing and leading director, VP and above levels of cross functional leaders to gain alignment and deliver results. This position will also partner closely with the business intelligence team, consumer insights team and data analytics teams to understand what’s working and what’s not working, pivot in real time and generate successful programming that can scale. This role requires a test/learn mentality, strong executive presence, a proven ability to deliver results and execute flawlessly while also balancing the need for creative leadership, vision and style. This leader will be a creative and strategic thought leader with 10+ years’ experience working cross functionally across innovative brands.
• Contributes to the development of a holistic customer events strategy and drives alignment and buy-in across all levels in marketing, merchandising and operations.
• Manages events by partnering with brand marketing, corporate communications, customer relationship marketing, merchandising, operations and potential third-party partners like vendors and agencies.
• Collaborates with core and online merchandising, field merchandising, operations and brand marketing to identify seasonally relevant products to integrate into the programming.
• Works with supply chain and merchandising to coordinate efforts at store (in-parking lot) and coordinated with store field leadership to execute at store level including point of sale, coordination of parties and events and marketing collateral necessary for the store to feel supported.
• Executes end to end operationalization of the events leveraging shared resources across merchandising, operations and marketing.
• Collaborates with Brand Marketing to build advertising campaigns across paid, owned and earned media and harmonizes with core strategic marketing calendar to advertise the events.
• Analyzes data and identifies gaps with appropriate teams to pivot strategies and drive improved programming with an emphasis on working closely with Business Intelligence, Customer Insights and Data Analytics team.
• Partners closely with Finance to develop test/control stores to measure efficacy of results.
• Manages brief writing and partners closely with Brand Engagement to deliver the right creative expression for each event across all channels; helping to brand these concepts and make them ownable and memorable.
• Identifies emerging issues or concerns that could impact projects or programs and develops and recommends potential solutions/improvements.
• Partners with Customer Relationship Marketing to envision future “loyalty-driven” programming once core programming is established.
• Provides updates to peers across Marketing on workflow, status, and risks to completion.
• Demonstrates the ability to pivot quickly and adapt to the changing demands of the consumer based on how the customer is voting with their wallet as well as how the customer is voting with their time.
• Manages the budget of $20MM non-working and $50MM working in partnership with the Director of Customer Events.
• Bachelor\'s Degree in Marketing, Brand Engagement, Brand Marketing, Event Planning, Communications, or related field.
• Masters\'s Degree in Marketing, Brand Engagement, Brand Marketing, Event Planning, Communications, or related field.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
ABOUT LOWE\'S IN THE COMMUNITY:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program.
For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.