Lockheed Martin Sr. Classified Cyber Security Analyst in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products?
The Sr. Classified Cyber Security Analyst will partner with the security team, GCS program and government customers to perform as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for Information Systems (IS) located at the LM Wooten facility in Colorado Springs, CO.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations.
- Provide technical administration of IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements under the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Ensure compliance with contract security specifications, customer governing requirements (DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), and LM Space security policies.
- Test state-of-the-art operating systems / networks, perform system / program auditing to validate configuration and processes are in accordance with the Assessment and Authorization documentation, and assist in regulatory periodic risk assessments.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Auditing of the IS
- Constant upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Ensures configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline
- Ensures all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises the ISSM of their security relevance
- Assist and conduct security IS education
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments
- Informs ISSM on technical IS security matters
- Assists in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security Officer and Senior Program Managers
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Communicates, implements and manages a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and contract program security representative (PSR)
- Implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM and PSR
- Review and oversee Information Systems Security Plans / SSP (Certification/Accreditation) together with ISSM and PSR
A Final Secret Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Candidate will typically have 5+ years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
• Active Secret clearance required with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
• Have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• IS auditing experience across multiple operating systems and platforms
• Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
• Hands-on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools such as STIG Viewer, SCC Tool, and Splunk
• Experience and an understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networking, and UNIX-based operating systems
• In depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
• Knowledgeable in Solaris/UNIX/Linux command line
• Previous experience working with the Defense Security Service (DSS), NISPOM requirements, and their implementation of RMF
• Have a Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Security, Information Technology, or other relevant discipline and 6 years of relevant work experience or a Masters Degree and 4 years of relevant work experience
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, and a quick learner
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to gain support
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.