L3Harris Sr Associate Network Planning Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Sr. Associate Network Planning Engineer
Job Location: USA-CO-Colorado Springs
Job Code: CS20210604-59273
L3Harris is currently searching for a Sr. Associate Network Planning Engineer for our Colorado Springs, CO site. The Network Planning Engineer requires an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. They will have a strong background in the management and maintenance in Microsoft Server environment; will maintain Network Operation Centers’ Servers and Virtual Server environment per DoD Netops governance and procedures. The Network Planning Engineer will be responsible for the collaboration of planning and engineering of the Operation Centers’ servers and virtual environment infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of managing servers and virtual environments. Ability to perform tasks under minimal supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Will report to the engineering supervisor and site manager. Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of hands on work experience.
• Provide Network Support services for a Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Leader Network, exercising discretion and independent judgement when events or incidents occur to ensure corrective actions are captured and incidents resolved in an expedient manner.
• Optimize system performance with quick and independent decision making skills after analyzing RF usage, prioritization of users and then assist with mission planning and RF handovers.
• Manage WAN router, switch, and other networking configurations
• Use DISN data flows and coordinate applicable actions/issues with DISA
• Address network and connectivity issues instantaneously to support DoD Senior Leaders.
• Assist in subscriber frequency planning based on approved Discovery Frequency of Day for transient mobile activities
• During Missions, monitor RF Connections and links and update or independently advise when appropriate
• Monitor radio via GUI's (COMSEC, frequencies, Mission Mode, discoveries, mission record, coordinated change)
• Manage SATCOM RF resources by monitoring frequencies, power control, and hand-offs to optimize connectivity
• During Post Mission, Review mission performance trends, provide appropriate communication status reports, daily activity reports, RF performance statistics and maintain the Master Station Log
• Perform post-mission analysis to assess performance against requirements, establish trends, and optimize future missions
• Operate computer network equipment to ensure network systems are available to our network subscribers seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days each year
• Maintain proficiency training based on prescribed and posted NETWORK training guidelines
• Manage and coordinate RF equipment Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs)
• Update troubleshooting Guide from lessons learned.
• Operate and maintain databases and analyze network capabilities to ensure resolution of all network incidents and immediate recovery of the network
• Provide Tier I/II engineering support to subscriber aircraft on live missions and serve as a point of entry for any RF field support and/or corrective maintenance actions
• Provide first level and when possible second level support for terrestrial network connectivity support during high-level DoD missions
• During Pre-Mission, Monitor RF status and identify improvement opportunities related to performance
• Monitor daily performance of systems and analyze root causes or system improvement opportunities
• Monitor/respond to System Events/Alerts/Logs (for incident response, troubleshooting, and archival)
• Monitor the system to ensure efficient utilization and allocation of network and computer resources and facilities to maintain satisfactory response to customers using the network.
• Monitor Network Performance (Node/Interface/Processor/Memory/Volume Status)
• Monitor and maintain and troubleshoot COMSEC / TRANSEC equipment and keying material issues
• Must be able to observe and interpret computer and network system messages instantly and use independent decision making skills to ensure commands are immediately addressed and that network systems are restored quickly when hardware, software, or power failures occur.
• Manage frequency configuration at the individual RF sites prior to mission
• Ensure readiness status of RF equipment including BIT, antenna pointing and polarization, and mission recording in high pressure situations involving a high degree of significance.
• Perform preventative maintenance: Analyze and troubleshoot computer and network system health and status to identify potential problems and develop solutions before outages occur, using diagnostic tools
Must be able have a Top Secret clearance with eligibility to SCI
Sec+ required and one of the following also required: MCSE, Network+, CCNA Security, CySA+, or CISSP
Preferred Additional Skills:
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $60,000.00 - $107,500.00. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.