City of Colorado Springs SEASONAL - Ice Support Staff - Acacia (PT Park Support) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
**This is a seasonal (at-will) position with benefits limited to those required by applicable state and federal laws, which include Worker's Compensation, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, and PERA (Public Employees' Retirement Association).
Approximate dates of employement will be November 13, 2020 through January 31, 2021. Normal work hours will primarily be evenings and weekends, but can vary between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. daily. Total hours worked will not exceed 1,500 annually.**
SEASONAL - Ice Support Staff
In this position you will provide support to facility staff and customers.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Receive payments or fees for programs; issue receipts
- Count cash drawer; reconcile transactions at the end of shift
- Assist customers with skate rentals
- Receive reservation forms for birthday parties and groups; assist with event setup and tear down
- Assist with skate patrol as needed
- Open/close facility when required; perform janitorial duties
Operate ice resurfacer and edger as needed We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Basic ice skating skills (training will be provided if needed)
- Ability to interact with customers in person and on the telephone
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing Successful candidate will have
Be at least 17 years of age
- Have customer service experience
- Have cash handling experience
- Have a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges Additional Information
This position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
**Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $12.00 - $14.50 Hourly
Location: Recreation and Cultural Services - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Seasonal
Division (Level 4): Parks, Rec & Cultural Svc
Job Number: S13775
Closing: 10/30/2020 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171