City of Colorado Springs Legal Secretary in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
In this clerical position, you will be part of a team of professionals in the City Attorney's Office. The City of Colorado Springs, Colorado is a municipal corporation and a home rule city duly organized and existing pursuant to Article XX of the Constitution of the State of Colorado and the Charter of the City of Colorado Springs.
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs:
(This information may change annually).
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Provide clerical support for the Prosecution Division
- Prepare correspondence, files, forms, and special applications
- Handle and process criminal evidence for Prosecution Division files
- Collect, organize, track, and send discovery
- Assist with Prosecution Division dockets
- Create and maintain databases
- Answer telephones and respond to in-person inquiries from defendants, attorneys, police officers, and witnesses
Utilize a document management system and provide immediate access to records We are looking for candidates who have:
Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Pro, ICCES (Integrated Colorado Courts E-Filing System), and SharePoint
- Knowledge of legal terminology, e-filing, and criminal court processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
Excellent organizational and prioritization skills Successful candidate will have
A high school diploma or GED supplemented by college level coursework in legal studies or a related field
- Two years of full-time legal support experience, including experience in the preparation and processing of legal documents and records
Possess, or obtain within three months of hire, a Colorado Notary Public certification Ideal candidates will also have
Experience working in a litigation and/or prosecution environment Additional Information
The background check process for this position includes being fingerprinted. Fingerprints will be used to check the FBI's criminal history records.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,663.50 - $4,398.00 Monthly
Location: City Attorney - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): City Attorney
Job Number: 13576
Closing: 10/7/2020 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171