City of Colorado Springs ERP Systems Analyst, Senior in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Senior ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems Analyst
In this position, you will develop, implement, and support integrated ERP systems of a high degree of complexity and scope. You will serve as the functional lead and SME (subject matter expert) supporting one or more modules within the PeopleSoft Financials (general ledger, financial reporting, asset management, Accounts Payable, Billing, Purchasing, eProcurement, project costing, commitment control, accounts receivable, grants) application.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The background check process for this position may include being fingerprinted.
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs
(This information may change annually).__
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Serve as SME/end-user resource and an advocate for the PeopleSoft ERP system; help increase improved integration and business process re-engineering to address outdated or inefficient business processes with the user community
- Identify, scope, re-engineer, coordinate, and implement business requirements which provide solutions that enhance business operations; guide design, configuration, and testing
- Execute functional or business tasks; coordinate the involvement of other resources as required; update and maintain issue logs associated with initiatives; escalate issues, risks, and initiatives to management as appropriate; work with management to request and obtain approval for changes to scope, budget, and timeline
- Provide production support and continuing education to end-user community; work with development team and end-users to review and implement ongoing maintenance; provide production support when issues/questions are presented, including review/research documentation provided by Oracle on legal/regulatory fixes, maintenance packs, and new versions (upgrades)
- Understand the impact that changes/maintenance would introduce to the City's system and the relationship between modules and effect of change on that relationship
- Obtain or provide confirmation that system changes have been tested and are ready to be moved to the production environment; verify that items newly moved to production are working as expected; provide implementation recommendations to ensure leading-practice standards are met
- Identify issues/risks with the existing PeopleSoft ERP design from a business perspective; identify alternative approaches and improvement opportunities
- Develop business case outlining proposed changes, rationale, and benefits; manage testing and implementation for approved system initiatives and improvements; provide updates and status reports to management and other governing bodies
- Develop functional design specification documents; work with technical application analysts; address questions or issues that arise during the development and configuration processes; make updates as required; provide a transfer of knowledge and training to end-users
- Lead PeopleSoft projects; perform or coordinate the functional tasks related to the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, analysis, process design, implementation, configuration, testing, training, validation, and support after implementation
- Act as the conduit between the end-user and the technical application analyst; perform a variety of lead tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility
- Analyze and assess the functional needs of City departments then recommend, design, and implement improved business processes
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and resolve user issues and/or prepare appropriate reports
- Effectively present information and/or respond to inquiries/complaints from City management, regulatory agencies, or the public
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate: Knowledge of:
- In depth, functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials modules, including Accounts Receivable, Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Commitment Control, General Ledger, and eProcurement
- Functional business processes
- Create functional specifications, design documents, and training materials
- Understand the relationships that exist between the PeopleSoft modules
- Research and stay current on new and existing proposed enhancements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
This position requires strong analytical, troubleshooting, communication, and issue resolutions skills.
Successful candidate will have
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information management, or a related field. Significant related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five years of full-time professional experience working in IT applications or a related field
Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges Ideal candidates will also have
Experience with the use of process mapping tools and swim lane diagramming
- Experience with relational databases and PeopleSoft table structure
- Experience with query writing and reporting
- Production support experience
- Project management experience Additional Information
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $7,450.00 - $8,943.00 Monthly
Location: Information Technology - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Information Technology
Job Number: 13795
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171