Lockheed Martin Contracts Negotiator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Within LM Space, this position supports the Military Space Line of Business, specifically the Protected Communications Mission Area.
The successful candidate will be a high performing, well-seasoned contracts expert who is able to perform complex efforts without appreciable direction. Responsibilities include advising Contracts and Program leadership of contractual rights, obligations, and risks; leading cross-functional LM teams to negotiate contracts; performing efficient contract administration to ensure compliance with company policies, federal regulations, legal requirements, and customer specifications; establishing and maintaining excellent customer relations, both internally and externally with U.S. and foreign military customers; partnering with Business Development to create compliant, winning proposals and capture new business opportunities. The successful candidate will be proficient in interpreting and communicating contract terms to ensure functional leaders understand the impacts of and are able to execute upon agreements reached with the Customer.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, a 9x80 work schedule, comprehensive health insurance plans, wellness incentives, and unrivaled retirement benefits. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s benefits package here:
- Experience managing negotiations, administration, extension, termination, and re-negotiations of standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Experience with various contract types such as IDIQs, CPIF, CPAF, various fixed-price contracts, T&M/GSA.
- Experience in reviewing terms and conditions and performing contract risk analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with briefing leadership on program status and contractual issues.
- Experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Experience in international business and contracts negotiations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to support and achieve business goals and a desire to help grow the business and gain efficiencies to improve program performance.
- Considered an emerging authority in the field.
- Ability to take the lead in a team environment and provide contractual support and guidance to other program personnel.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments and serves as consultant to management and point-of-contact (PCO) to the USG customer on major matters pertaining to program policies, plans, and objectives.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with program and organization objectives.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.