AspenPointe Clinician III (Unlicensed)- Crisis Walk-In Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1436BRLocation:Lighthouse Job Description:The Crisis Walk-In Center (CWIC) is a 24-hour facility that services individuals experiencing a mental health and/or Substance Abuse crisis and aids in the determination of the safest plan for the individual. The primary goal is to stabilize the individual through nursing and behavioral supports on a time-limited basis while working to connect them to appropriate levels of care, to include inpatient services.
As an essential member of a multidisciplinary team, the Crisis Walk-in Clinician (unlicensed) responds to people across the lifespan and within the community who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Provides clinic-based crisis intervention to individuals who are experiencing mental health and/or substance use concerns. Conducts mental health risk assessments and triage, coordinates crisis intervention, develops short-term person-centered stabilization plans, assists with resource linkage, and initiates assessment for higher level of care when indicated for safety reasons.
• Responds to emergency situations involving children and adults experiencing mental health crisis.
• Provides on-site mental health assessments and crisis intervention as appropriate.
• Conducts client evaluations and risk assessments. Formulates a short-term stabilization or safety plan to relieve the present mental health crisis and to provide a stable environment for clients. Notifies client and significant other(s) of initial recommendations. Provides follow up contact as developed in the stabilization or safety plan.
• Leads consultations and trainings of staff members, caregivers, families, and community organizations regarding mental health issues, addiction and behavior management as it relates to clients.
• Supplies client, family members and/or caregivers with appropriate community and/or organization resources. Fosters positive relationships with other community providers and provides appropriate referral services.
• Assists staff members by helping to resolve difficult emergency situations. Serves as back-up for other staff as needed.
• Adheres to mandatory reporting duties.
• Maintains professional presentation in the community at all times and responds to all situations and/or calls with a customer service attitude.
• Meets performance standards for productivity, proficiency in clinical model and evidence-based practices, quality of care, and teamwork.
• Provides clear and accurate documentation to support assessments and services rendered. Ensures compliance with outlined time frames and confidentiality guidelines.
• Actively engages in team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervisory sessions as required. Completes annual compliance and other applicable trainings within required time frame.
• Master's Degree in counseling, social work, or related behavioral health field (M.A., M.S., MSW, MFT).
• Profficient written and oral communication skills with the ability to accurately and professionally implement and document services provided to clients.
• Possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information, using electronic medical records.
• Able to perform and understand active listening, ethical conduct, social perception, service orientation, complex problem solving, writing, monitoring, judgment and decision-making skills.
• Experience working therapeutically with specified population, to include using various treatment modalities appropriate for specified population, utliziing strength-based therapeutic approaches.Experience working in a team environment.
• Embodies a commitment to:
a. Passion: a commitment to being present in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their daily responsibilities with AspenPointe’s larger mission.
• Humility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all voices within AspenPointe.
• Corporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and society at large.
• Value in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and external communities.
b. Innovation: thinking differently than the status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive advantage.
• FUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the organization’s larger initiatives, while simultaneously experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging.
• Integration: cross functional implementation of theory, principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver high quality experiences.
c. Excellence: unwavering commitment to work that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and deserve.
• Transparency: communication, steward of resources, and the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while giving credit where it is due.
• Safety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments and personnel) of the organization.
AspenPointe does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.Additional Information:Salary: $21.51/hr + shift differential
Hours: 4-10 hour days with flexible schedules between 7am-7pm, Wednesday-SaturdayAuto req ID:1436BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:Clinician III (Unlicensed)- Crisis Walk-In CenterWork Schedule:varying hoursState:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:Wed-SatHours per Week:40Address:115 Parkside Drive