City of Colorado Springs CITY EMPLOYEES ONLY - Staff Assistant to Council (Staff Assistant) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Staff Assistant to Council (Staff Assistant)
In this *at-will *essential executive support position, you will be responsible for providing high level support to Councilmembers and City Council Administrator. You will perform a variety of highly complex administrative duties and coordinate operational programs.
You must be a current City of Colorado Springs (City) municipal employee who works in this department or has been in your current position for at least one year to be considered for this position.
*Essential Job Functions * the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Provide executive-level support to City Council Members and City Council Administrator
- Serve the immediate needs of the Council President and Council President Pro-Tem, such as drafting correspondence, travel arrangements, and scheduling
- Coordinate and maintain records for the appointments of City Council Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Provide oversight of department budget and reconciliation of monthly department expenditures
- Support City Council and Council staff with resolving IT and Facilities issues and project implementation
- Draft language and create legislative files for City Council Proclamations and manage outside requests
- Assist with the planning and execution of City Council events such swearing-in and receptions of incoming and outgoing Councilmembers
- Assist Administrative Technician in task guidance and prioritization
Serve as secondary support in the absence of the Administrative Technician We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of public-sector clerical and accounting procedures
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, executive staff, and community partners
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good personal judgment and discretion
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing Successful candidate will have
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field appropriate to assigned area of responsibility which may business administration, public administration, engineering, computer science, or related field
Three years of full-time administrative support experience, including experience in an executive support role Ideal candidates will also have
Experience as an executive assistant or experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced political environment
- Experience developing budgets, maintaining expense accounts, and completing purchasing
- Experience in event planning and catering services Additional Information
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
**Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,592.92 - $4,940.26 Monthly
Location: City Council - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: At-Will
Division (Level 4): City Council
Job Number: 13822
Closing: 11/27/2020 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171