UCHealth Cash Applications Specialist Cashier in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Cash Applications Specialist, Cashier
This is a full-time, hourly position on the Cash Applications team based in Colorado Springs, CO . This is a fast-paced, patient-facing position. Processes, monitors, and reconciles payments on accounts receivable.
• Accurately post third party payments, adjustments, denials and patient payments within mandated timeframes. Post using electronic data interchange (EDI) and manual processes, identifying accounts affected. Deposits checks and maintains petty cash fund. Calculate debits, credits, interest and other accounting tallies using a calculator or computer accounting software.
• Maintains cash book logs, clearing accounts, ledgers and daily journals in a complete set of records to indicate financial transactions.
• Research and resolve discrepancies with payors and banking institutions. Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports and analyses.
• Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports and analyses. Reconciles bank deposits to payments entered into the financial system in a timely manner to ensure accurate account data. Ascertains the reliability of accounting and other data developed within the organization. Investigates and determines causes of irregularities and errors. Identify, resolve and escalate major issues and service failures that impede success.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working with Excel spreadsheets
• Knowledge of banking policies and procedures
• Cash applications experience in a professional setting
• Healthcare experience
This position's pay range starts at: $15.40/hour.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.