Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: This position will be part of key team of Engineering Baseline Management for Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) in Denver. The focus of this role is the configuration and change management of the FBM Missile. As a Systems Engineer , you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and conducting Configuration Management Review and Approval Meetings
- Preparing Strategic Program Alteration (SPALT) proposals
- Maintaining the FBM missile configuration documentation
- Performing documentation review and audit functions using Windchill workflow program (EPDM)
- Acting as a primary point of contact for FBM program with respect to baseline and change management procedures
- Updating command media as required including Ordnance Directives and Engineering Procedures
- Reviewing and approving deviations for FBM program
- Reviewing and processing change documentation, monitoring and reporting progress through the release cycle
- Daily operations, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure supporting the FBM Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) Windchill application environments as it applies to Configuration Management
- Interfacing with end-users, system administrators and database administrators to resolve issues and implement solutions
- Supporting engineering application upgrade projects, including planned upgrades to infrastructure, applications, and expansion and re-architecture/reconfiguration projects
- Applying knowledge of application operation and through various tools to provided status for project and performance engineering to identify and solve complex performance and operational problems
- Managing various environments (Development, Change Management, QA and Production interfaces)
- Planning and assisting with system updates installations/upgrades/patches) to keep pace with latest software releases and patches
- Reviewing, supporting, and processing assigned tasks from design engineering using EPDM
- Being organized, disciplined, detail oriented, innovative, self-starter, results-oriented and willing to work with minimal supervision
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college
- Demonstrated successful team/relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries
- Systems engineering experience (e.g., performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk assessment activities, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to thoroughly document systems, configurations and procedures.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Navy / government customers
- Self starter with ability to work in a face paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Developing process improvement initiatives
- Configuration Status Accounting, and Verification and Audit practices
- Excellent technical and procedural writing abilities
- Configuration Management Principles
- Engineering requirements documentation research skills
- System alteration proposal processes
- Creating labor estimates
- Control Account Management
- Active Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.