Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Provides technical support for the manufacturing engineering support function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions and participating in plant safety meetings and inspections as necessary.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Coordinates and prepares cost estimates and submittals.
- Plans and performs development projects for materials and mechanical improvements. Develops objectives, project criteria and budgets. Initiates and evaluates actions to meet agreed objectives and criteria.
- Solicits, investigates, originates, and implements improvements for the manufacturing engineering process for the purpose of increased production, reduced product cost, and improved quality.
- Leads in awareness of technical progress in materials, support areas, and production equipment. Initiates technical meetings to review problems and seek improvements.
- Leads in and implements programs to introduce and qualify new materials, products, processes, and/or equipment in plants and with our customers. Oversee the installation or erection of all types of machinery and auxiliary support equipment. Estimate weight of loads and determine equipment required to safely perform task.
- Develops and participates in technical liaison with customers and suppliers to improve products, processes, and equipment.
- Leads in and provides liaison and technical support to other disciplines: container engineering, sales, project engineering, and purchasing.
- Contributes to and assists in the dissemination of process and manufacturing technology within the company through the container and tooling specification (CTS) book, vendor specification (VS) and customer specification (CS) files, bills of materials, information bulletins, material authorization forms (MAF), etc.
- Review project scopes, draft and analyze blueprints, may assist in specifying production equipment, overseeing system installations, investigations, technology, and working with equipment vendors. Leads in and originates specifications for equipment, materials, and processes to support manufacturing or marketing needs.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through 0 high school; 1 college or 0 graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 6 year(s) minimum
* 60% of travel *
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: 664743
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time