Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Staff in Boulder, Colorado
Description: Are you looking for an exciting career as a Systems Engineer at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? A fulfilling position that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our nation’s most critical missions is right in front of you! At Lockheed Martin Space, we advance the frontiers of science, help the military protect what matters most, and solve problems that others think are impossible. We have challenging missions that will inspire and innovate!
Our Next Gen Geo Mission Processing team is looking for a motivated Systems Engineer to augment our Agile Team in support of our Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) mission processing development efforts. As a member of a high-performing team you must be passionate about your trade, focused on mission system quality, and supportive of timely delivery of features and capabilities. This position will work in coordination with our systems engineers and software engineers for all activities required to develop, test, and deliver a system that meets the mission requirements.
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished by this engineer:
- Become a subject matter expert on the detailed design of our product
- Requirement decomposition and requirement mapping
- Updating design documentation
- Review, evaluate, and derive requirements for testability
- Performs integration & regression testing
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards
- Identify and manage risks
- Previous System Engineering Experience
- Understanding of full system development lifecycle
- Must have strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with model based systems engineering.
- Familiarity with software testing.
- Linux OS experience.
- Experience in software design and development.
- Experience with C++
- CAMEO Systems Modeler experience
- OPIR domain experience
- Demonstrated understanding of agile development within a scrum team
- Experience with remote sensing systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.